Adrian Jock (hereinafter referred to as “AJ”) recognizes the privacy interests of the businesses and consumers on which he collects information and has implemented comprehensive and formal data protection policies which balance privacy expectations with the legitimate business need of his customers.
Collection of Information
• AJ does not collect personally identifiable information about visitors except when visitors specifically provide such information on a voluntary basis.
Such personally identifiable information may be used by AJ for the following purposes:
- Contacting a subscriber to IMTN newsletter for sending by email the information such subscriber signed up to receive.
- Contacting a visitor who signed up to receive email notifications regarding the replies to her or his comment or all future comments posted under a certain blog post, for sending by email the information such visitor signed up to receive.
- In order to fight spam, when a visitor submits a comment the following pieces of information are collected and checked automatically by Akismet plugin, a spam detection service provided by Automattic: commenter’s IP address, user agent, referrer, website URL, name, email address, and the comment itself. More info: Automattic’s Privacy Notice for Visitors to Our Users’ Sites.
- An anonymized string created from commenter’s email address may be provided to Gravatar to see if the commenter is using this service. In case the commenter has a Gravatar account, after the approval of her or his comment, commenter’s profile picture from Gravatar is visible to the public in the context of her or his comment.
Any of your personal data will never be sold or otherwise revealed to other third parties than Automattic and Gravatar unless we are required to do so by law. AJ may share with partners or other third parties non-personal aggregate information.
• AJ does collect automatically from visitors the following non-personal pieces of information:
- date and time of visit
- IP addressxxx
- browser (e.g. Firefox 60.0.1.)
- operating system (e.g. Windows 10)
- screen resolution (e.g. 800×600)
- referring link
These pieces of information are collected solely for statistical purposes and are not used to identify individuals.
• AJ does not collect credit card specific information.
Upon a commenter’s, email subscriber’s, or customer’s request, AJ will:
• allow any commenter/subscriber/customer to “opt out” of further contacts;
• use reasonable efforts to allow commenters/subscribers/customers to update/correct personal information previously submitted.
If you no longer want to receive IMTN newsletter, you can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link inserted in any issue of AJ’s email newsletter.
When you visit or interact with the website AdrianJock.com, AJ or his authorized service providers may use the following cookies to allow AJ to continuously improve the site:
- cookie_notice_accepted – is a cookie set by AdrianJock.com only if you click the button “Accept” from the Cookie Bar placed at the bottom of each page. Its role is to record your consent to accepting cookies and not to ask you again unless you clear the cookie from your browser or the cookie expires. No personal information is stored in the cookie. Cookie duration: 6 months.
- sc_is_visitor_unique – is a cookie set by StatCounter.com for AdrianJock.com in order to avoid counting you as a visitor more than once, and it stores a count of your returning visits. No personal information is stored in the cookie. Cookie duration: 2 years.
- _cfduid – is a cookie set by CloudFlare.com for StatCounter.com in order to avoid security issues. No personal information is stored in the cookie. Cookie duration: 1 year.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer you can edit your browser options to block some or all cookies. If you wish to withdraw your consent at any time, you will need to delete your cookies using your internet browser settings.
MailChimp, the email marketing service provider used by AJ to send his IMTN newsletter, automatically places single pixel gifs, also known as web beacons, in every email newsletter sent by AJ.
These are tiny graphic files that contain unique identifiers that enable MailChimp and AJ to recognize when the subscribers have opened an email or clicked certain links.
These technologies record subscriber’s email address, IP address, date, and time associated with each open and click for a campaign. MailChimp uses these data to create reports for AJ about how an email campaign performed and what actions subscribers took.
Embedded Content from Other Websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. YouTube videos). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
AJ used reasonable endeavors to enhance your privacy and prevent YouTube from setting cookies in your browser.
Links to Other Websites
AdrianJock.com includes links to other websites whose privacy practices may differ from those of AJ. If you submit personal information to any of those sites, your information is subject to their privacy statements. AJ’s privacy statement does not apply to information you may submit to those sites. AJ encourages you to carefully read the privacy statement of any website you visit.
AJ reserves the right to change this privacy statement at anytime.
This privacy statement and the policies outlined herein are not intended to and do not create any contractual or other legal rights in or on behalf of any other person or entity.
Please check this page periodically for changes.
* * *
AJ responds to all requests he receives from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. AJ may ask you to verify your identity in order to help him respond efficiently to your request.
Last Revision: May 23, 2018.