Using Twitter for business in an effective way is different from the fun-style used by most of the tweeps.
You need to take care of your image, compose tweets like a marketer, make the most of your time without ignoring or annoying your followers, network with the key influencers in your niche, and way much more.
Without further ado, here’s a collection of Twitter marketing tips that will help your business getting more from Twitter in the long term…
1. Twitter success = sharing, caring, retweeting, being yourself, being positive & with a dash of humor. Gary Loper
2. Be consistent. Tweeting only occasionally is a great way to let others FORGET you. Shelley Webb
3. Sharing thoughts, experiences and special events is good. The content of your dinner plate or laundry basket is not. Mohamed Sonday
4. Want INFLUENCE? Respond to people! Don’t be just a broadcaster. It’s called social media for a reason! Kim Garst
5. Spelling and grammar errors not only confuse your followers, they also make you look unprofessional. Mohamed Sonday
6. Want clicks on your link? Add an effective headline. Check this, Photo, nothing… aren’t effective headlines. Tell us WHY we should click 😉 Adrian Jock
7. Follow people and businesses in your niche, and in complementary niches. Casey Gollan
8. Create lists to have a better overview of your timeline. René Paparusso
9. Click Discover > Activity to see a stream of actions by those you’re following, including favorites, follows & more. Mark Miller
10. Don’t let the apps post garbage on your Twitter timeline. No one cares how many people followed and unfollowed you 😉 Adrian Jock
11. Stop wasting my time (and yours!) with TrueTwit. Read my tweets. You’ll see whether I’m a bot or not.
Stop wasting my time (and yours!) with TrueTwit. Read my tweets. You'll see whether I'm a bot or not. https://t.co/9CJBnFVtdC
— Adrian Jock (@IMTipsNews) May 10, 2016
12. Auto DMs are incredibly impersonal and perceived as spam by most. Sending auto DMs not only seems inconsiderate, but it also makes you look like a complete newbie who doesn’t understand social media etiquette. Ellie Mirman
13. Why should I follow you if you’re using Twitter like a bot? Talking to myself, bots won’t read it anyway. Adrian Jock
14. Asking questions can lead to fruitful discoveries and real relationships with followers. Mohamed Sonday
15. Join Twitter Chats and engage. Twitter Chats give you the opportunity to share your knowledge thus showcasing your expertise with a target audience. Praverb
16. Don’t be a jerk by inserting into a “thank you for your RT” tweet a link to your “gifts” squeeze page. Adrian Jock
17. If a word already appears in your tweet, you don’t need to hashtag it in order for it to appear in “search”. Shelley Webb
18. No one likes to be sold. Focus on building connections and the cash will follow! Kim Garst
19. No one will want to interact with you if you’re constantly talking about yourself and promoting your business. Mohamed Sonday
20. Handle criticism and complaints with love. Focus on getting to the heart of the issue as opposed to acting off of impulse. Praverb
To Your Social Media Success!
P.S. Did I miss any killer tip? Feel free to use the comment section below 😉
P.P.S. Need a huge Twitter following to sell to? Click below to learn Kim Garst’s secret system for massive targeted growth on Twitter: